Sunday, June 23, 2013

Bringing Home Some Family Heirlooms

 
 

 
Last week we headed to Oregon for my son's college graduation.  

We also spent some time in Southern Oregon helping my Dad go through some of his things.  He was kind enough to let us take these pieces that mean so much to me.  The dry sink has been in my parents' house as long as I can remember.  I'm guessing that this picture is from the early 60's. 




I think it still looks amazing after 50+ years!


We were able to make the drive home in 11 hours and everything made it safely.


Besides the dry sink, we were also thrilled that he gave us this church pew.  I'm thinking that Bailey (the cat) will discover it soon and have it as his 'watching the neighborhood' seat. 



 
What are your favorite family heirlooms?
 
 
Thank you for your visit! 

Pam


I am linking to the following parties:

 
 
 
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

No comments:

Post a Comment