Sunday, June 30, 2013

Aging an Old Milk Can



  
A few weeks ago when we were in Oregon, we went to one of my favorite stores in Eugene.  Barb, from Treasures From the Heart was having a "Junque in the Trunk Sale" with lots of vendors.  What perfect timing!  Ok, we weren't planning to go to Eugene until the next day, but I didn't want to miss her sale, so we changed our plans.  :)



I always find great things at her store.  I need to walk around several times so I don't miss anything!
 
One of the fun things I found at the sale was this milk can.  The couple who was selling it had worked hard to clean it up and paint this very cute cow on it.  I loved it, but it was a little too bright for me.
 
Enter some handy-dandy Minwax Provincial stain and the brightness was toned down.




 
I put a couple of coats on with a foam brush, then lightly wiped it off with an old sheet.  I let it dry (not hard in our 100+ degree heat the past several days!)  I then put a coat of clear flat spray on it.  And now I love it in the house.
 
 
Thank you for your visit!
 
Pam
 
 
I am linking to the following parties:
 
 
 
 

DIY Show Off
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

No comments:

Post a Comment