Sunday, February 5, 2012

Updating an Ugly Box with Graphics and Paint




My husband had a box in the garage that originally held a car waxing kit. The box was sturdy and a great size, but not very cute!  :)




   



I tried to 'age' it with tea.  I really didn't have to do this step, as it didn't make a huge difference.



 

I painted the box with a couple of coats of green spray paint.  


I then sanded down the edges.



I cut close to the edge of the graphic, then mod podged it on the box.


I put an antiquing gel on the whole thing, then rubbed off the excess.  They used to sell a one-bottle antiquing gel, but now you buy the Martha Stewart Antique Effect and mix it with any color you want.  I mixed it with the color Vanilla Bean.  I bought both of these bottles at Michael's.  I mixed them together with equal parts.

 






I added a knob so it's easy to open.  I now have a great place to store my weekly ads and coupons.




Thanks for visting!

Pam


I am linking to the following parties:

 

UndertheTableandDreaming The Graphics Fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment