Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Birdhouse LOVE!

I adore birdhouses.  I have them all over my house, all over my yard and love them! 
I've tried to limit the number I have in this yard, but there are still plenty.  Yes, I am a birdhouse addict! 
The best part of having them is when I see a family making their home in them!  Oh my gosh, I love that!


I am so excited to show you my newest one that I got from Suzanne at Thrift Store Decor Junky.  She had a giveaway on her blog and I won a CSN Stores gift certificate. 

Do you like my 'box inspector'?  :)  He's very thorough!



Of course I picked a birdhouse!  Thank you so much Suzanne!!!  I may put it outside when the weather warms up, but until then, I'll be enjoying it in the house!





This one was one of my all time favorites.  My husband built one for me and one for my Mom (yes, she was an addict too!)  When we moved two years ago, the birdhouse had to stay as it had been outside in the Oregon rain for ten years.  I was sad that we weren't able to bring it along with us.  During the summers, a beautiful clematis would grow up the 4x4 and shasta daisies grew at the base.


Another favorite.  I took all kinds of "snow on the birdhouses" pictures because in Portland, we just didn't get snow that often.  It was exciting!  I purchased this at the Portland Expo several years ago.



Yes, another snowy birdhouse picture.  My husband made this one.  I love it.



Here is one in my new backyard.  This was taken last summer.  Yes, I am ready for summer to get here again soon!!
Here is one of the birds (on the left side on the lower roof) that made its home in here last summer.   It made me so happy to see this family in here!



What sort of things do you collect?

Thank you so much for coming by and for your comments.  I appreciate them very much! 


Pam

I am linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment