Sunday, August 25, 2013

End of Summer Blooms

I love summer and gardening.  My yard is at its peak in May-July each year; however, there are still some good blooms to enjoy into August and September.  One of my favorite flowers, Cosmos, are in full bloom right now!  In fact, they were going SO crazy along the entry to my front door, I had to put this little fence up to corral them in.  My husband thought I should cut them back...  now that's just crazy-talk!!
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
This area is fairly newly planted.  A few months ago I decided to pull all of the boxwoods that were lining this planter.  I was able to give them to a friend and they are now thriving in her backyard.





 
We already had this amazing Weeping Cherry and Tree Peony.  They both bloom in early Spring.
 
 
 
Is there anything prettier than a clematis climbing up a birdhouse and blooming?
 
 
Here it is a few weeks after I planted the area.  Many of the flowers that were blooming back in May are done now, but the Cosmos are happy to keep going!
 
 

 
And because I love birdhouses, I had to throw this picture in.   The fern is a volunteer.  I love how it's growing around the birdhouse. 
 
 
What are your favorite flowers? 
 
Thanks for your visit!
 
Pam
 
 
I am linking to the following parties:
 
 
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

No comments:

Post a Comment